- Implement strategies for chemical, biochemical and molecular measurements within a variety of marine research areas.
- Lead the development, operation and management of the AIMS Pigment Analysis Facility and Laboratory Management.
- 2014-present: Development of strategic research and effective solutions for the management and control of Crown of Thorns Starfish.
- 2014-present: Manager of the AIMS Pigment Analysis Facility
- 2013-present: Laboratory Manager
- 2011-2015: Biophysical oceanography of Great Barrier Reef and North West Shelf. Enzymatic processes as indicators of growth, grazing and respiration.
- 2008 - 2014: Temperature tolerance of coral symbionts
- 2008 - 2011: Fate of organic matter in the Central Great Barrier Reef
- 2005 - 2012: Marine Monitoring Program. Algal pigments as indicators for water quality.
- 1994 - 2005: Marine Bio-discovery. Spanning many aspects of this project including assay design and development, chemical purification, field collection and curation.
1994 - BSc (Hons)
1993 - BSc
- Molecular methods for detection for Acanthaster planci (Crown of Thorns Starfish) in the marine environment.
- Environmental DNA monitoring
- Use of algal pigments for chemotaxonomy and as bioindicators
- Development of biochemical indicators for biological oceanography
Evans-Illidge EA, Logan M, Doyle J, Fromont J, Battershill CN, Ericson G, Wolff CW, Muirhead A, Kearns P, Abdo D, Kininmonth S, Llewellyn L (2013) Phylogeny Drives Large Scale Patterns in Australian Marine Bioactivity and Provides a New Chemical Ecology Rationale for Future Biodiscovery. PLoS ONE 8: e73800. DOI 10.1371/journal.pone.0073800
Cooper TF, Berkelmans R, Ulstrup KE, Weeks S, Radford B, Jones AM, Doyle J, Canto M, O'Leary RA, van Oppen MJH (2011) Environmental Factors Controlling the Distribution of Symbiodinium Harboured by the Coral Acropora millepora on the Great Barrier Reef. PLoS ONE 6: e25536. DOI 10.1371/journal.pone.0025536.
Shick JM, Iglic K, Wells ML, Trick CG, Doyle J, Dunlap WC (2011) Effects of iron availability on the response of the coral Stylophora pistillata to light and high temperature: implications of trace-metal limitation for coral bleaching. Limnology & Oceanography 56: 813-828.
Doyle JR, Llewellyn LE, Pukala TL, Jackway RJ, Bowie JH (2009) Anuran host-defence peptides which inhibit the synthesis of nitric oxide by neuronal nitric oxide synthase. Chapter 14, pp 315-332. In: Howl J, Jones S (Eds) Bioactive Peptides. Taylor and Francis Publ. Group UK.
Doyle JR, Burnell JN, Haines DS, Llewellyn LE, Motti CA, Tapiolas DM (2005) A rapid screening method to detect specific inhibitors of pyruvate orthophosphate dikinase as leads for C4 plant-selective herbicides. Journal of Biomolecular Screening 10(1): 67-75.