- 1982 BSc (University of Queensland)
- 1988 PhD (University of Queensland)
- Marine pharmacology
- Chemical and biological analysis
- Database development and use
- Research Working Group, Queensland Government Marine Stinger Advisory Group Committee
- Advisor - International Atomic Energy Agency - United Nations Development Project on seafood toxin testing technologies for Asia, Africa and South America
- Australian member of the Iinternational Oceanographic Commission Intergovernmental Panel on Harmful Algal Blooms
Llewellyn LE (2010) Revisiting the association between sea surface temperature and the epidemiology of fish poisoning in the South Pacific: Reassessing the link between ciguatera and climate change. Toxicon 56: 691-697.
Safavi-Hemami H, Young N, Doyle JR, Llewellyn LE and Klueter A (2010) Characterisation of Nitric Oxide Synthase in Three Cnidarian-Dinoflagellate Symbioses. PLoS ONE 5: e10379.
Doyle JR, Bowie JH, Jackway RJ, Llewellyn LE, Pukala TL, Apponyi MA and Booker GW (2009) Anuran host-defence peptides which inhibit the synthesis of nitric oxide by neuronal nitric oxide synthase. pp. 315-332. In: Bioactive Peptides. CRC Press.
Llewellyn LE (2009) Sodium channel inhibiting marine toxins. pp. 67-97. In: Fusetani N and Kem W (eds) Marine Toxins as Research Tools. Springer-Verlag.
Robillot C, Kineavy D, Burnell JN and Llewellyn LE (2009) Synthesis of bifunctional saxitoxin analogues by biotinylation. Toxicon 53: 460-465.
Uthicke S, Llewellyn LE and Eder F (2009) A fluorescent lectin assay to quantify Transparent Exopolymer Particles and Marine Snow on 96-well filtration plates. Limnology and Oceanography: Methods 7: 449-458.
Mukherjee J, Llewellyn LE and Evans-Illidge EA (2008) A tropical marine microbial natural products geobibliography as an example of desktop exploration of current research using web visualisation tools. Marine Drugs 6: 550-577.
Llewellyn LE (2007) Predictive toxinology: an initial foray using calculated molecular descriptors to describe toxicity using saxitoxins as a model. Toxicon 50:901-913.
Llewellyn LE (2006) Saxitoxin, a toxic marine natural product that targets a multitude of receptors. Natural Product Reports 23: 200-222.
Llewellyn LE (2006) The behavior of mixtures of paralytic shellfish toxins in competitive binding assays. Chemical Research in Toxicology 19:661-667.