- 1998: PhD in Biology, University of Hamburg, Germany
- 1994: Diplom in Biology, University of Hamburg, Germany
- Studying Ocean Acidification effects on marine invertebrates
- Studying larval ecology of CoTS larvae
- Developing genetic markers for CoTS larvae
- Studying the effects of terrestrial runoff on reef biota
- Studying the effects of climate change on calcifying, symbiont bearing organisms
- Studying interactive effects of climate change and land runoff on coral reefs
- Ecological Society of America
- International Coral Reefs Society
- Australian Coral Reef Society
- Australian Marine Science Association
- Associate Editor Marine Biology
Full publication list @: http://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=aUAwiisAAAAJ&hl=en
Uthicke S, Logan M, Liddy M, Francis D, Hardy N, Lamare M (2015) Climate change as an unexpected co-factor promoting coral eating seastar (Acanthaster planci) outbreaks. Sci. Rep. 5, DOI: 10.1038/srep08402
Uthicke S, Furnas M, Lønborg C (2014) Coral Reefs on the Edge? Carbon Chemistry on Inshore Reefs of the Great Barrier Reef. PLoS ONE 9: e109092.
Byrne M, Lamare M, Winter D, Dworjanyn S, Uthicke S (2013) The stunting effect o
Uthicke S, Fabricius K (2012) Productivity gains do not compensate for reduced calcification under near-future ocean acidification in the photosynthetic benthic foraminifera Marginopora vertebralis. Global Change Biology 18: 2781-2791
Uthicke S, Patel F, Ditchburn R (2012) Elevated land runoff after European settlement perturbs persistent foraminiferal assemblages on the Great Barrier Reef. Ecology 93: 111-121
van Dam JW, Negri AP, Mueller J, Altenburger R, Uthicke S (2012) Additive pressures of elevated sea surface temperatures and herbicides on symbiont-bearing foraminifera. PlosOne 7: e33900.
Fabricius K, Cooper TF, Humphrey C, Uthicke S, De'ath G, Davidson J, LeGrand H, Thompson A, Schaffelke B (2012) A bioindicator system for water quality on inshore coral reefs of the Great Barrier Reef. Marine Pollution Bulletin 65: 320-332.
Collier C, Uthicke S, Waycott M (2012) Thermal tolerance of two seagrass species under contrasting light levels: implications for future distribution in the Great Barrier Reef. Limnology and Oceanography 56: 2200-2210.
Uthicke S, Byrne M, Conand C (2010) Genetic barcoding of commercial Beche-de-mer species (Echinodermata: Holothuroidea). Molecular Ecology Resources 10:634-646.
Uthicke S, Altenrath C (2010) Water column nutrients control growth and C:N ratios of symbiont-bearing benthic foraminifera on the Great Barrier Reef, Australia. Limnology and Oceanography 55: 1681-1696.
Uthicke S, Schaffelke B, Byrne M (2009) A boom-bust phylum? Ecological and evolutionary consequences of density variations in echinoderms. Ecological Monographs 79: 3-24.
Bourne DG, Iida Y, Uthicke S, Smith-Keune C (2008) Changes in coral associated microbial communities during a bleaching event. The ISME Journal 2: 350-363.