- Natural Products Chemist.
- Manager of the Biomolecular Analysis Facility (BAF).
- Manager of the Chemistry Laboratory at AIMS.
- 1996: PhD, Griffith University, "Molecular Modeling of the Okadaic Acid Class Compounds".
- 1991: BSc (First Class Hons), University of New England.
- Guest Editor Marine Drugs (2015)
- American Society for Mass Spectrometry (2006-present)
- Principal Investigators Association (2010-present)
- AIMS@JCU member (2010-present)
- ANZMAG member (2011-present)
- ANZSMS member (2011-present)
- Editor with Journal of Marine Science Research and Development (2012-present)
- Guest Editor with Marine Drugs (2015)
Abdo D, Motti CA, Battershill CN and Harvey ES (2007) Temperature and spatiotemporal variability of salicylihalamide A in the sponge Haliclona sp. Journal of Chemical Ecology. 33: 1635-1645.
Motti CA, Ettinger-Epstein P, Willis RH, Tapiolas DM (2010) ESI FTICR-MS Analysis of Larvae from the Marine Sponge Luffariella variabilis. Marine Drugs 8: 190-199.
Motti CA, Tapiolas DM, Willis RH, Freckelton M (2009) FTICR-MS and LC-UV/MS-SPE-NMR Applications for the Rapid Dereplication of a Crude Extract from the Sponge Ianthella flabelliformis. Journal of Natural Products 72: 290-294.
Tapiolas DM, Bowden BF, Abou-Mansour E, Willis RH, Doyle JR, Muirhead AN, Liptrot CH, Llewellyn LE, Wolff CWW, Wright AD, Motti CA (2009) Eusynstyelamides A, B and C, nNOS inhibitors, from the Ascidian Eusynstyela latericius. Journal of Natural Products 72: 1115-1120.
Tapiolas DM, Raina J-B, Lutz AH, Willis BL, Motti CA (2013) Direct measurement of dimethylsulfoniopropionate (DMSP) in reef-building corals using quantitative nuclear magnetic resonance (qNMR) spectroscopy. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 443: 85-89
Raina JB, Tapiolas DM, Foret S, Lutz AH, Abrego D, Ceh J, Seneca FO, Clode PL, Bourne DG, Willis BL, Motti CA (2013) DMSP biosynthesis by an animal and its role in coral thermal stress response. Nature 502: 677-680
Kanakaraju D, Kockler J, Motti CA, Glass BD (2015) Titanium dioxide/zeolite integrated photocatalytic adsorbents for the degradation of amoxicillin. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 166-167: 45-55
Tebben J, Motti CA, Siboni N, Tapiolas DM, Negri AP, Schupp PJ, Kitamura M, Hatta M, Steinberg PD, Harder T (2015) Chemical mediation of coral larval settlement by crustose coralline algae. Scientific Reports 5: 10803
Siboni N, Abrego D, Evenhuis C, Logan M, Motti CA (2015) Adaptation to local thermal regimes by crustose coralline algae does not affect rates of recruitment in coral larvae. Coral Reefs 34(4): 1243-1253