- 2000 Graduate Certificate in Management
- 1995 Bachelor of Science (Earth Sciences)
- 1983 Hydrography Certificate
Current projects include:
- sediment transport near marine infrastructure in Darwin Harbour.
- hydrodynamics, sediment transport and the effects on the distribution of benthic biodiversity in macro tidal estuaries.
- physical and numerical modelling techniques.
- Permanent Committee on Tides and Mean Sea Level
- Kakadu Research Advisory Committee
- Darwin Harbour Dredging Technical Advisory Group
Williams D (2013) The Lower Mary River and flood plains. Chapter 16. In: Wolanski E (Ed) Estuaries of Australia 2050 and Beyond. Springer.
Andutta FP, Wang XH, Li Li, Williams D (2013) Hydrodynamics and sediment transport in a macro-tidal estuary: Darwin Harbour, Australia. Chapter 7. In: Wolanski, E (Ed) Estuaries of Australia 2050 and Beyond. Springer.
Williams D, Steinberg C, Rigby P, Brinkman R, Spagnol S (2013) Observations in support of port activities: recent developments and future opportunities for Darwin Harbour, Northern Territory, Australia. Coasts and Ports 2013, Sydney, NSW.
Li Li, Wang XH, Williams DK, Sidhu H, Song D (2012) Numerical Study on the Effects of Mangrove Areas and Tidal Flats on tides: A Case Study of Darwin Harbour, Australia. Journal of Geophysical Research, Oceans. 117, C06011, doi:10.1029/2011 JC007494, 2012.
Li Li, Wang X, Sidhu H, Williams D (2010) Modelling of Three Dimensional Tidal Dynamics in Darwin Harbour, Australia. Journal of Australian and New Zealand Industrial and Applied Mathematics (ANZIAM).
Williams D (2010) Changes to Estuarine dynamics in the Northern Territory: macro tides and cyclones. Paper and presentation for the Engineers Australia Practical Response to Climate Change conference, Melbourne, September 29-October 1 2010.
Williams D (2009) Using vertical and horizontal ADCP profilers for the measurement of bed load transport in macro tidal tropical estuaries in Northern Australia. ADCP in Action conference, San Diego USA, October 2009.
Williams D (2008) Stationary and mobile ADCP techniques for the measurement of bed load transport in the Daly River NT. Engineers Australia Hydraulics Conference Darwin, May 2008.
Williams D, Wolanski E, Spagnol S (2006) Hydrodynamics of Darwin Harbour. pp 461-476. In: Wolanski E (Ed) The Environment in Asia Pacific Harbours. Springer.